Get a 15% discount on our Welmoed Sparkling Brut, Welmoed Sauvignon Blanc as well as other selected wines, when you buy at our cellar door from now until Sunday. Cheers!
Here’s a lovely versatile dinner idea. Try this sundried tomato, butternut & baby spinach pasta recipe as a main or a side dish. Perfect with a glass of Welmoed.
- 15 millilitre sunflower oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 5 millilitre Crushed garlic
- 75 gram Sundried tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped
- 250 gram Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sachet (50g) tomato paste
- 1/2 Tin tomato purée
- 5 millilitre Robertsons Italian Herbs
- 1 KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- 500 gram Butternut, peeled, cubed and steamed
- 15 millilitre Sugar
- 150 millilitre Cream
- 30 millilitre Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Rounds feta cheese, crumbled
- 500 gram Penne pasta, boiled and drained
- 100 gram Baby spinach leaves
- Sautee the onions and garlic in oil until lightly brown.
- Add the chopped sundried tomatoes and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms fry for a further 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomato puree, Robertsons Italian Herbs and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot and allow to simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Then add the steamed butternut, sugar, cream and chopped parsley and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the cooked penne pasta into the sauce together with the baby spinach leaves – the heat from the sauce will wilt and cook the spinach.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve.
Recommended wine: Try the Welmoed Sauvignon Blanc with this dish.
Here’s a wonderfully refreshing butternut, blue cheese and almond risotto recipe. Perfect for a quiet night in with a glass of Welmoed.
- 500 gram butternut, peeled and cubed
- 1 Vegetable KNORR Stock Pot
- 1 litre water
- 60 millilitre olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 500 gram Arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 250 millilitre White wine
- 5 millilitre Dried sage
- 25 gram Flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 60 gram Blue cheese, crumbled
- Place butternut into a bowl with a little water and salt and steam in the microwave for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Lightly mash with a potato masher so that there are still visible chunks of butternut and it is not completely smooth.
- Dissolve the KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot in boiling water and set aside.
- In the mean time heat olive oil in a deep pot and gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft but do not let it colour.
- Add the risotto rice and stir well to coat the rice granules in oil then allow to fry for about 5 minutes stirring continuously until the edges of the rice grains are becoming clear.
- Add the white wine and allow to simmer so that the alcohol from the wine steams off and the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Then begin to slowly add the hot stock half a cupful at a time stirring continuously until the liquid is absorbed, before adding the next cup – this will take about 30 minutes.
- When the risotto rice starts to become creamy and the grains are al dente to the bite stir through the mashed butternut, sage, toasted almonds and blue cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Recommended wine: Perfect with the Welmoed Chardonnay.
For a great long weekend meal, try this mushroom, leek and bacon stuffed chicken recipe. Ideal for friends and family, with a glass of Welmoed.
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 gram Button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Bacon rashers, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 Leek, finely chopped
- 1 Fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 Sachet KNORR Roast Chicken Gravy
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushroom, bacon and leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the bacon and mushroom is golden.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, thyme, egg and KNORR Roast Chicken Gravy powder, and stir until combined.
- Loosely fill the chicken cavity with the stuffing.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and drizzle a little oil over it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Roast chicken for 1½ hours at 180°C, until succulent and golden brown.
Recommended wine: The Welmoed Sauvignon Blanc will pair excellent with this dish.
Roses are red, violets are blue… pour a glass of Welmoed for me and you!
For an interesting Greek style weeknight dinner, try this lovely savoury Greek Baklava recipe. A wonderful combination of flavours to pair excellent with a glass of Welmoed.
- 375 millilitre Chopped red onion
- 30 millilitre Olive oil
- 300 gram Fresh spinach leaves, shredded
- 250 millilitre Finely chopped spring onions
- 62.5 millilitre chopped fresh parsley
- 125 gram Feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 Black olives
- 1 pinch Robertsons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Sachet KNORR Roasted Vegetable Bake
- 8 Phyllo pastry sheets
- 125 millilitre Stork margarine, melted
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil.
- Saute onions until soft and transparent.
- Add the spinach, spring onion and parsley, sauté for a few more minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the feta cheese, olives and black pepper.
- Stir in sachet KNORR Roasted Vegetable Bake.
- Place 2 sheets of phyllo pastry on top of each other into a square greased baking pan.
- Brush with margarine.
- Add a layer of spinach mixture, followed by another 2 sheets of phyllo pastry.
- Repeat until the ingredients are used up.
- Brush with Stork margarine and score pastry into diamond shapes.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice into diamond shapes and serve with a fresh green salad.
Recommended wine: Great with a glass of Welmoed Sauvignon Blanc.
The perfect wine for great summer times!
Have you tried our Rosé yet?
Valentine’s Day call for a great bubbly, like our wonderful Welmoed Sparkling Brut.
Read more on this Sparkling Wine, go to… http://tinyurl.com/d7mznwa
Hope you have a wonderful day, cheers!